Monday, May 15, 2017

Things I Wish I Could Tell My Younger Self


Ahhhhh it feels so good to just stay in bed longer than usual. 

So my new year resolution of wanting to write or blog more is just ugh. Anyway, I'm just glad that my life is going pretty well and organised. I ended my internship smoothly. I even splurge few bucks for my supervisors and I hope they will remember me. (or maybe they don't have to) The internship was great and I learnt to be mentally and physically strong. Mental torture due to criticism, physical torture due to the workload. But overall, it was a great experience and the technicians were incredible!

So today I feel like sharing my thoughts on "What would I give to my younger self?" 

 Thanks to @theduckgroup contest and Mother's Day Celebration, I feel like browsing through some old photos of myself, growing up. As I was reminiscing some good 'ol time I once had, there were few things I wish I could tell the younger version of myself.

Be a good friend

Be the friend who knows to listen and when to offer advice. Make others feel better about themselves. Talk about yourself less. Celebrate your friend's accomplishments. Respect her decision. And remember that any relationship can atrophy without effort.

Never assume you have any idea what someone is going through

Most people are working harder and struggling more that you'll ever know.

You will start seeing your parents more with each passing year

You will learn that you will never understand just how much they sacrificed or the difficulties they trudged through so that your life is better. You will see people might not like you, put the blame on you, judge you and left you behind - but your parents will only see the beauty in you. Love is just so powerful.

Surround yourself with people who are smarter than you

Not to take advantage, but to get motivation. Motivation is contagious. You will be happier trying to improve that living in complacency.

A person's negative behaviour is often more a reflection of themselves than of you

You will let toxic words and people get to you. You will let them form grooves in your spirit. You will eventually learn how to fill those crevices with strength. You will see that you are way better than him/her and you will learn to love yourself.

Say NO

Say it again and again. Practice ignoring the guilt that comes from putting yourself first.

Before I end my blog post, here is a photo, which I think I should share with you.


Aww I'm so cute (lol)

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers in the world! You guys are just amazing. (like how can you resist your temptation not to buy that LV bag just because you think your children need the money more than you, aigoo haha)

Happy days ahead!



No comments: