Thursday, February 18, 2016

How Accepting Yourself Can Be Invincible

I always take 20-30 minutes off after 2 hours (not exactly haha) of studying this past few days. So basically I will read some good articles or watch any good Youtube videos. (I manage to control my Kpop obsession lol) So today, I accidentally read an article about Winnie Harlow - and watch her videos. (Psssst: Please do not watch okay boys. Jaga pandangan lol)

When I first saw Winnie Harlow photos, I just thought: 'wow'. (Not because she dressed in swimming suits or bikinis or what, but she was just so amazing!) This beautiful and brave girl is the best example of confidence and girl power I have ever seen. The Canadian model was featured on America's Next Top Model and came sixth. The courage to attend a talent show where you are constantly being judged is a huge step, not to mention that WInnie suffers from a chronic skin condition: vitiligo. What's vitilago? Basically it is a skin condition where your skin losing their pigments and occurs when skin pigment cells die or are unable to function (Google for more details :)). She is truly amazing, and I found some of the things that we (yes I and you) can learn from her!

Everthing is possible - Joining a reality show at an early age can be very hard, people are very judgemental and they will never stop judging you! But for Winnie, that is not the reason for her to stop chasing her dreams. She joined ANTM anyway and people accepted her for who she was. A beautiful young girl with aim and mission wow! The lesson here: even when you might think you don't belong somewhere at first, you'll find you belong anywhere as long as you're persistent (exactly what is currently happen to me) ! 

The importance of confidence - It is important to always believe in yourself. Winnie is the perfect example of self-confidence. She is so unique and she never let her skin condition got in the way of what she wanted most: a modelling career! It even became her trademark. So note to self: accept your flaws and own them.

Work hard - Another great lesson I learn from almost every successful person is that working hard really pays off. This gorgeous woman fought hard for her passion. So, remember if you really want something, you have to work your butt off. But no worries, in the end, it is all worth it!



Ohh shoot, I just took an hour for resting period. Got to go back to books (yeke) heee.

xx

No comments: