Thursday, September 29, 2016

Time, you're just err


Well hello everyone :) Sorry for not updating anything on blog since finals. Finals was ugh and what I can say much, it was hard. I was having bad flu and severe fever yesterday and Alhamdulillah, today, I got better. I was doing my normal holiday routine of browsing articles online and I accidentally saw an article which caught my attention. (I was reading an article about Vivy at first that I finally manage to find this article which literally blew my mind poooooff!)

The title of the article: 20 Things 20-Year-Olds Don't Get

Each paragraph was clearly explained which made me realised that I am actually in a brick of catching up lost time. 

In the article written by Jason Nazar which I got from Forbes.com,

Time is Not a Limitless Commodity - I so rarely find young professionals that have a heightened sense of urgency to get to the next level. In our 20's we think we have all the time in the world to a) figure it out and b) what we want. Time is the only treasure we start off with in abundance and can never get back. Make the most of the opportunities you have today, because there will be a time when you have no more of it.

Ouch. I was caught red handed, feeling guilty and ashamed.

I just realised the amount of time I wasted for the past few years in college could be a result to perhaps, hundred or thousands of opportunities being let go because I was too comfortable, thinking there will be a 'time' - when there is no more time, as time... does not wait for me. I choose to not challenge myself and thus, I felt as if I was weak. I was so envy when I jumped into conversations with my peers talking about their current activities and studies and etc, they were all waaaaay better than I am. 

Sometimes, when I engage in conversations with my common peers, we'd discuss plans for certain goals; whether it involves our career or even something scary like committing ourselves to the holy matrimony of marriage (ehh) and etc. It is too often that in the midst of discussion, one of us would always said something like; "Come on, we're still young." which sometimes annoy me a little (sorry). In fact, there must be a reason why our previous linguists did sentences showing age to be 'years old' instead of 'years young'. We are constantly learning, growing and exploring. Age shouldn't be a barrier for progression. Being young shouldn't be used as an excuse to stay stagnant and be comfortable.

We're in the time where excuses are invalid and what important is action. Everything should start now, including stress management, financial management and etc. We see youngsters today starting start-ups in their late teens because they were too busy splurging money and attention into current gadgets, stuffs and etc. We see youngsters, being headhunted by big corporations for what they've achieved in college and yet thinks 2.7 is still okay at least I pass my semester. We see youngsters, selling ideas for millions to Generation X whom are in the search for fresh meat yet practicing plagiarism as if there is nothing wrong about that. 

I know being grateful is good but what are the purpose of having a big dream without actions? We're not going to live under our parents' fame and success for such a long time. We need to build our own fame and success. And to reach that success, we need actions.

It may sound like I'm being too hard on myself, but I hope in future, I'll stop making excuses and being lazy. I want to be an individual, thirsty for success. I want to work my butt off to chase after time instead of waiting for the so called 'right' moment. I want to make a change and I want to be known for making a change. 

xx

No comments: