Monday, September 12, 2016

Eid Adha / Sacrifice


Picture credited to my brother. 

Happy Eid Adha everyone! It was a tiring day. However, I experienced a lot of new things today so I'm beyond happy. Today, I got the chance to do ibadah qurban. I got the chance to see how they slaughter the cow, how they divided the meats, and of course, the chance to eat the meats! (yes with s) 

Eid Adha is a festive celebrated by Muslim to commemorate the willingness of Prophet Ibrahim a.s to sacrifice his son as an obedience towards Allah S.W.T. It also marks the climax for Hajj or Pilgrimage, the 5th pillar of Islam.  This annual pilgrimage to Makkah and Madinah is an obligation for those who are physically and financially able to perform it once in a lifetime.

When it comes to Eid Adha, the best word that come across my mind is the term sacrifice. I believe most of us have been facing a lot of life wrecking moment when you need to sacrifice something you want to do, someone you love, something you want to eat or etc for something else. And yes, I did experienced that life wrecking moment like more than 100 times, I guess.

For instance, my friends were sacrificing their Raya which they should be celebrating this great day with their family for the so-called future indicator called final exam / study. May Allah bless their good deeds and efforts with flying color results (if korang study le, tehee)

To be honest, there are million things vying for my attention almost every time, and I find myself making decisions every minute, especially when college life is all about you and yourself. Your own time, financial and stress management and etc. Often, even taking time for myself seems a waste, but its a sacrifice I need to make for myself (which I rarely did - because sometimes I need a break from those scientific - engineering terms).

The biggest sacrifice I did was to leave all my interest towards Psychology for an engineering course, which at first was the most saddest thing in life. However, as life goes on, miracles start to pop out and I enjoyed every seconds I had spent studying mechanical engineering. I met few people who loves me for who I am, lecturers who were super cool and biggest present from God is the chance to fly to Germany. The best part is, because of my success I manage to fulfill my mom's dream to travel to Germany - wasn't that cool?

Therefore, I started to convince myself that whatever sacrifices I need to do in the future is always worth taking because life's call is always better. Cause what? Cause God's plan is always the best!

My favourite verse from Quran since school is from Surah Al Baqarah, 216:

"Fighting has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you. But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah knows, while you know not."

Therefore, never regret what you have left behind, cause you never know what miracles awaits you in the future. So always have faith in Allah S.W.T no matter what. Sometimes success doesn't come in terms of wealth. Success is a huge word with a lot of meaning. Even if you manage to catch a mosquito in a single try is a success (okay bad example, whatever). I mean, don't focus success = money / wealth. If not, you'll never feel enough, you'll never be thankful and that is not good.

Therefore, always be thankful and appreciate those who sacrifices for us. Even for the simplest or the smallest thing, they mean a lot. (I told ya this word like 3 times already, whatever)

Happy Eid Adha. Maaf Zahir Batin :)

My carry marks was like ugh, I better go study now. Pray for me everyone. Your sacrifices to spend a minute to pray (for me) is much appreciated. Love you :)

xx

No comments: