Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Things To Love About Life


"If we look at the world with a love of life,the world will reveal it's beauty to us"
-Anonymous-

If you asked an 8-year old version of me to list all the things I loved, it might have looked something like this - ice cream, swings, KFC, beach days, more ice cream, Saturday morning cartoons (including Winx Club, Hi 5 and Barbie, yes!) In fact, I'm sure I could have created an inventory lnger than my usual Wishlist, including a ton of things that either tasted, felt, or looked good. It didn't occur to me until later in life that some of the best things are intangible; and that I could experience them at any time if I just opened my heart and mine to let them in. I think most  of us know this intellectually - that pride in our work can be more valuable than what it buys, for example. But sometimes we get so caught up in securing the trappings of the good life - the car, the clothes - we're too distracted to notice and appreciate the intangibles.

That's not to say there's something wrong with enjoying material things. I'm a huge fan of my laptop, ice cream (who don't like ice cream, duh) and days off (classes not cool okay). It's just that there's so much more to love about life that doesn't cost a dime. For example, love. I can learn to love and accept love freely. My family - the best thing in life, my big fan and my major supporter. Being able to wake up to the sun shining in the morning. To know that there is someone out there, who never give up on me. (Aww, thankyou Those unexpected events that occur in my life, how I am able to give people some kind of motivation without my realisation and much more.

I just realised it is important to always remind myself, be thankful, be thankful be thankful to God regardless of whatever circumstances that had happened or may happen in future. Those bad days were somehow a good experience for me to be a better person today and in future.

Looking forward for more unexpected events in future. Alhamdulillah.

Fighting, tehee!

xx

No comments: