Sunday, April 17, 2016

JB Cafehopping Trip

Hello everyone!

I just got back from Johor Bahru and finally I managed to get a chance to visit Jalan Dhobby (famous for it's hipster cafe). I thanked my cousin, Suraya for being my unpaid tourist guide and driver. Hehe. 


So a random selfie with my cousin (lol)

Now back to my topic, I'm going to tell you few things about my cafehopping trip. 

1. Koone

It was located next to TIP - The Ice Crem Project at Jalan Dhobby. This place sells ice cream (obviously) in a very interesting presentation ( am I using the right term, ugh whatever haha ). Their menu is simple and straightforward and the price is quite steep (please make sure your wallet is thick -  I ate Japanese Matcha and it costs me 11 MYR)


I love the interior design - painted in a bright neon pink colour with a grey walls (perfect for your ice cream instagram picture background) with a huge swinging door at the entrance, this double-storey cafe looks so cool and nice!


My japanese matcha - green tea with cornflakes at the bottom. The green tea was perfect! It comes with the liquid nitrogen that lasts for 30 seconds (I sat upstairs and the so called 'asap' disappear as I reached the second floor - so no those asap pics lol)


 Another cute deco!

Some basic info about this cafe:
Address:
30, Jalan Dhobby,
Bandar Johor Bahru,
80000 Johor Bahru.
Opening hours:
Daily, 1PM -10PM

For more info, visit their Instagram page at:
@koonesoftserve :)

2. TIP - The Ice Cream Project

TIP has been a hit among foodies and ice cream lovers because these ice cream are made upon order, using liquid nitrogen! My cousin had Butterscotch handmade ice cream and I had Brownie and Cream handmade ice cream. Mine was so milky and it was nice! The price was about 10 or 11 MYR (not really sure) for each flavor.


Our ice cream feat air kosong!



I used to practice this in Germany huhu :)

Some basic info about this cafe:
Address:
31, Jalan Dhobby,
Bandar Johor Bahru,
80000 Johor Bahru.
Opening hours:
Sundays to Thursdays, 3PM -10PM
Friday and Saturday, 3PM - 12AM
Closed on Monday

For more info, visit their Instagram page at:
@tip_theicecreamproject

3. Chaiwalla&Co

I was super thirsty so I couldn't even snap a photo of my drink at Chaiwalla. Somehow, they are in the process of upgrading their shop so they are moving to a lot in front of their original place and the stall (or shop) is smaller than the original one - yeah, temporary so that's okay! 

Some basic info about this cafe:
Address:
Jalan Tan Hiok Nee,
Bandar Johor Bahru,
80000 Johor Bahru.
Opening hours:
Mondays to Fridays, 9:30AM -10:30PM
Saturdays and Sundays, 9:30PM - 1AM

For more info, visit their Instagram page at:
@chaiwallaco

There are lotssssaaaaaaaa cafe more but we are super full so we decided to leave. Anyway good to know a great place for tea time in JB!

I visited my school too. Wish definitely come back again as a successful engineer in future :) In shaa Allah!

Thanks for reading!

xx

No comments: